This release has been superseded by February’s update. The information and files linked below are kept for archival purposes should you run into any issues.
This has been the longest January I have ever witnessed in a long time. I just can’t believe that just a month ago it was Christmas. But it looks like Lenora is back again for another Dark Realm Update for Vampire the Masquerade- Redemption multiplayer! Please read the following description provided by Lenora carefully as it appears some changes have been made that will impact hosted games (sorry Phoebe, looks like a couple of Sherri’s paintings have to go 🙁 ). I will keep the prior version of this pack on the site as usual, with the existing announcement edited to point to the archived files. Enjoy the new treats!
COMPATIBILITY WITH PREVIOUS VERSION:
This version is COMPATIBLE with the previous version with THESE EXCEPTIONS…
1) REMOVE THEMAN_STREET npc from you maps or the corresponding upgrade from skins.
2) REMOVE ART_CARNERA2 painting from your saved maps.
3) REMOVE ART_JCOSTELLO painting from your saved maps.
4) REMOVE ALL CIGARETTES from your character inventory and maps.
If for some reason your game crashes after installing this version, please empty your crypt folder.
1) DELETE these files if you have them currently installed: BLUEORB Proppack.nob, Cigarettes.nob, Eliza.nob, Jason Jindrax.nob, Julio.nob, LenoraMinogue2.nob, ±PeR±Props.nob, Roman_Mod.nob, Sheliah’s Wing Pack, and TheMan.nob (John Costello skin). These packs have been incorporated into the Darkrealm skins and props.
Note: There is now NO overlap between the original, unmodified WTDpack01.nob. So if a particular map calls for this pack, you must install WTDpack01.nob separately.
2) Download and extract into your main vampire directory: Darkrealm_Skins_Core_01.31.17.
This core download is all you need to have access to player skins and npcs. However, to have full access to NPCs, STs will have to spawn a base model npc and equip that character’s upgrade to get the desired look.
4) EXTENDED NPC LIST ADD ON (REMOVE IF GAMES BECOME UNSTABLE. THE CORE DARKREALM SKINS CAN STILL BE USED WITHOUT THIS FILE):
Download and extract into your main vampire directory: Darkrealm_NPC_Add_on_01.31.17.
ABOUT THE EXTENDED NPC LIST ADD ON: This optional add on file is designed as a time-saving tool to help STs spawn npcs easier. You do not have to install this file to use the core Dark Realms skins. However, many hosts use it unless it causes instability. The extended npc list add on file file allows you to directly spawn npcs without having to spawn a base npc model and equipping it with an upgrade. This add on file is completely compatible with the core Darkrealm skins. So you can include it or delete the extended npc add on file without worrying about impacting player skins. However, deleting the add on file will impact npcs on your saved maps.
5) PROP AND ITEM PACK: Download and extract into your main vampire directory: Darkrealm_Props_01.31.17.
Note: These props and items can be installed separately of the Darkrealm skins. The skins are in no way dependent on having these props and items installed.
KNOWN CONFLICTS: Dark Realms Skins may or may not work with ±EOTW± or ±PER± skin packs since these are older incarnations of the Dark Realms Skins. You take your chances if you install them. The Six Skinpack.nob will usually only work with the Darkrealm Skins core and props downloads. Though you can always try it…but at your own risk. In general, avoid using too many extra skins, maps, or other mods with Dark Realms since this mod is huge and poor vamp can only handle so much.
HELP, I’M CRASHING: If you’re crashing with just the Darkrealm Skins core installed, you might have to just bite the bullet and remove other maps, skins, or props from your main vampire directory. I’d recommend starting with the maps, as they can really take a toll on the game’s stability.
An update that adds a few new skins, props, and fixes, a sample of some of them can be seen in the attachments.
> Updated Oslo skin! Now includes two new casual looks.
The upgrades can be found in the item list as:
Oslo_Street (Light colored casual look)
Oslo_Street2 (Dark colored casual look)
> Updated Lucien skin! Now includes a neo goth street look.
The upgrade can be found in the item list as:
Lucien_Neo_Goth (Neo goth)
Lucien_Robe (Eastern robe)
Lucien_Suit (White suit)
> Minor Fixes/Changes:
* TheMan_Street upgrade/npc has been moved to a different skin and given a new face and been cleaned up. It’s now part of the Oslo skin as Oslo_Street.
* Lucien_A_Nude now has the right texture on the lower half of his body.
* Solaria_Shorts upgrade/npc now has darker clothes.
* Lenora_Peacock and Lenora_Peacock_M upgrade/npc now include a new face, texture improvements, and new shoes.
* Lenora_Demon and Lenora_Demon_H upgrade/npc now includes new, high quality shoes.
* Lenora_Goddess upgrade/npc now includes, new, high quality shoes.
* Art_Lenora3 prop now includes a different portrait.
* Lisle_Nude upgrade/npc now has naked feet instead of shoes.
* Wings_bat equippable wings now spawn correctly.
* Wings_white_fear equippable wings now spawn correctly.
* Renamed the flame hand weapons. This will not conflict with previous versions.
* Art_Carnera2 has been removed from the packs to save space.
* Art_JCostello has been removed from the packs to save space.
* Cigarettes are still available but have been condensed to save room in the packs.
> Shades can now also be used for the following upgrades:
Aiya_Suit (Goth suit dress)
Oslo_Street (Casual outfit)
Lucien_Neo_Goth (Neo goth outfit)
Lucien_Robe (Eastern Robe)
Lucien_Suit (White suit outfit)
> Continuing support for NPCS! Just like always, all player skins and their corresponding upgrades can be used for NPCS.
PROP PACK: Now includes…
Art_Ad_Pumping (Pumping Station Club Ad)
Art_Giovanni2 (Blonde Giovanni lady smoking)
Art_Lasombra5 (Mortal Elric)
Art_Lasombra6 (Mortal Katerina)
Art_Malkavian (Tormented blonde beauty)
Art_Toreador (Masked gentleman)
Backdrop_2 (Large backdrop of Lykenia’s statue)
Bed_Royal (Elegant Black bed with canopy)
Bed_Royal_Chains (Sexy bondage version of the Royal Bed)
W_Touch_Violet (Malkav’s Sweetie, purple flame weapon, electric damage)
** Note on Prop Selection: If you’re having trouble selecting the rugs, move your cursor along the edge of the rug until you can select it. If you’re having trouble selecting the paintings, move your cursor directly beneath them near the floor.
*** THANKS EVERYONE! *** As usual, please distribute or use this mod however you wish. Feel free to borrow any skins you’d like for your own packs or use these to make your own skins. My thanks to each of you for continuing to give me feedback on ways to improve these packs. Please enjoy ***