Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
collapse

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Clan Quest Mod 2.1 Released  (Read 15020 times)

Offline burgermeister01

• Administratrix
Clan Quest Mod 2.1 Released
« on: February 05, 2011, 03:05:15 AM »
Today marks the release of Clan Quest Mod version 2.1. This version has been undergoing work for some time, and it really shows for itself; there's a ton of new features being added in this edition of the mod.

Most prominent is the fully functional achievement system available as an add-on to the game. Most gamers are familiar with this feature seen in many other titles: you complete challenges in the game and you are given a metal with a fun icon and a slick name. This achievement system does just that, with 36 goals for players to reach for. This system is not cobbled together by any means, either. New achievements pop up on your screen upon receiving them, and all of your awards can be reviewed in game via a simple menu interface.

Next on the list of new features are several new voices being provided. Previous versions of Clan Quest Mod left many of the new dialog lines unvoiced, often in the face of not being able to find a suitable actor to fill the roll. Version 2.1 completes fills out the roster a bit more. Skelter, Lorenzo, Jane, Dennis, Rico, and Darnell are all characters, new and old, given voices to makes the mod more complete than ever before.

Of course Clan Quest Mod, couldn't have the word 'quest' in it without at least one new quest being added in this edition. This next adventure begins after the player completes Fat Larry's mission to retrieve a briefcase filled with money from the clutches of a gang transaction. Should you return the case to Larry, you'll be contacted by a member of the duped gang and coerced into completing several contract killings. This, of course, is a mission geared towards Kindred that wish to use their gifts for evil and not good.

Meanwhile in the Bloodlines community several other fantastic patches and mods have been created since the last version of Clan Quest Mod, so in the spirit of trying to keep as many of the mods packaged together, several of these have been rolled into Clan Quest Mod as well. This includes keeping up with the latest versions of the Unofficial Patch, bringing it up to 7.3. This is integrated directly into CQM. Also featured is Camarilla Edition version 1.4 which adds a new quest from Bertram, as well as an in-game online college, and customizable night club music.

Last but not least is the feature that many have been waiting for: the new cut scene providing a real striptease dance performance by the game's sexiest Vampire, Velet Velour. This scene is about a minute long, but can probably be enjoyed many times over by fans of Miss Velour's aestetics.

Naturally this is all building from the foundation set by previous versions of the mod which include these key, core features:

- Eight new quests: one available to each of the playable clans, and one quest for evil players.
- Two new cut scenes integrated into vigilante scenarios
- Seamless integration of most other major mods created for VtM:B including the Arsenal Mod, Camarilla Edition, Pop's Difficulty Mod, and the Music Mod.
- Selective installation of many custom PC and NPC skins and models created by the VtM:B community
- New voice acting provided by semi-professional voice actors.

Please enjoy the mod by downloading it from one of the following locations:

http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/dlp.cgi?lang=&sys=pc&file=vtmb-clan-quest-mod-v2.1.zip&ref=ps

(More mirrors coming in the following days; waiting for admin approval at a couple sites.)

Happy gaming!

BM01

Offline ColonelAlias

Re: Clan Quest Mod 2.1 Released
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 01:06:04 PM »
Very nice.

;)

I'm going to start to bother you right now with requests for enhancements.

If you are already editing the haven maps, could you put in a "remote control" object or something to change the radios from music to the normal radio? I miss Deb.

Of course if she appears once in a while in between the music already disregard this.

Offline YamiRaziel

• Redeemer & Destroyer
    • Citadelata - a fantasy based fan site
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 01:32:57 PM »
Wow, this one is solid. Amazing job, burgermeister01! Now you made me wanna play the game all over again for nth time. The changes are so many that I will probably feel like I'm playing entirely new game :) Thank you

Offline Malkyjeff

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 06:11:07 PM »
 :idhitit:

Offline YamiRaziel

• Redeemer & Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 08:10:48 PM »
burgermeister01, I'm facing difficulties with running Bloodlines Clan Quest Mod on Windows 7 64 bit version. I'm probably doing something wrong.
Any ideas how am I supposed to install and make it work?

Btw, there is a typo in the installer - UI Enhancements - > Muisc Mod
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:30:28 PM by YamiRaziel »

Offline PGM1961

• Apprentice Imagineer
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 08:45:42 PM »
Uh-oh... I have Windows 7/64-bit as well, and I just installed CQM2.1, although I haven't run it yet... was going to start a new game later tonight.  What kind of problems?
An honorable man will still do the right thing, even when he knows there is no chance that he will be caught and punished for doing wrong... and even if it costs him dearly.

Offline YamiRaziel

• Redeemer & Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 08:53:09 PM »
Engine bla bla less than 15 mb memory available.
I tried to run it in compatibility mode XP and I started the game but when I began creating my character I noticed that it doesn't indicate anywhere if I'm playing Clan Quest mod or not. Is it supposed to be written somewhere? Also, there is no blood heal and the colours are strange. I installed only Clan Quest and Camarilla Edition.
Is it supposed to be that way?

Offline PGM1961

• Apprentice Imagineer
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 09:19:43 PM »
Huh... I only get that "less than 15MB memory available" message if I try to run the vanilla version, with no patches or anything.  Also, I did start mine up after installation and it said 'Clan Quest' on the menu screen, with all of the Camarilla clan symbols.

Is it possible that you installed the CQM to the wrong place?  The installer asked me to install it to "*****/Vampire the Masquerade-Bloodlines/Vampire" folder, and not just the main Bloodlines folder.  I had to change the path slightly, because I named my main folder slightly different; but I sent it to the Vampire folder, and it seems to be working okay (so far).  At least, I don't get that "less than 15 MB" message.
An honorable man will still do the right thing, even when he knows there is no chance that he will be caught and punished for doing wrong... and even if it costs him dearly.

Offline ColonelAlias

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 10:13:40 PM »
Does this have the new unofficial patch lights dll hack for hiding the lights behind static objects? You can see a awful example still on the tunnel to the beach on santa monica. There are lights visible that should not be visible on the sides (walls) of the tunnel when in the corridor that leads to the beach.

It could just be wine acting up of course. I had to disable shader language (shaders) because of bugs there (or drivers) too.

I'm going to try it on the released unofficial patch plus and then tell you if it worked or not.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 10:15:56 PM by ColonelAlias »

Offline burgermeister01

• Administratrix
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 10:18:28 PM »
@YamiRaziel: What PGM1961 said is right on. CQM is a little different with the install path. You have to go to <Your Vampire folder>/Vampire/ instead of just your Vampire folder.

This used to be my fault, because it was wrong in the installation instructions, but this time I got it right  :razz:

As for the 15MB thing, that's some crazy thing to do with Windows 64-bit. I've not had to deal with it personally yet, so I don't know how to deal with it off the top of my head, but there's a bunch of documentation online about how to deal with that.

Thanks for the heads up  about the typo. I only wish I would have caught it earlier!

@ColonelAlias:

You only lose Deb's voice if you install the music mod. Otherwise, she's still there for ya. Interesting idea about having different stations for the radio. I might have to consider that for next edition.

As for the revised DLL file, that should be included along with the UP 7.3, if I'm not mistaken, so that should be fixed. I'm interested to see how it works out for you. I'm also wondering if graphics drivers makes any difference. I've noticed a reduction in that effect, but it's never gone away entirely for me.

Shame too. That's bugged me since the first time I played this game!

Offline ColonelAlias

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 10:44:05 PM »
Just the unofficial patch (not from your package!) it is fixed.

From your package it is not fixed.

:chinscratch:

Looks like it got lost somehow. As i said, i tested it in the tunnel to the beach.
The lights in the pier shine through in your patch but don't on the unofficial patch (Wesp download)

Were you the one that made the animations better? If so there are only a few aesthetic bugs left on the ones i've seen (just two yet):
The intro flows much better now, except for a scene if the pc is female where there is a long shot of the stage. It is just a second long, but you can clearly see the prince in a "animation pose" of the engine. You know, arms slightly open, rigid upright stance.

The other is when you get out of the haven in santa monica for the first time and see mercurio.
When the pc animation switches from walking to looking to the right to see mercurio the pc model "jumps" out of the ground, a obvious error.

If it was Wesp the fixed this, i'll bother him in his thread instead.

And i've found a way to skip the intro always, Wesp is going to put it in the unofficial patch. Check the thread out.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 10:47:51 PM by ColonelAlias »

Offline ColonelAlias

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 10:49:27 PM »
It's possible one of the other packages (like the cammarilla edition) is overwriting it? I'll test it out without the cammarilla edition now.

Offline ColonelAlias

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 11:12:59 PM »
Also a question.
It appears installing the base package without any other mods than
clan quest
wesp basic
wesp plus

will overwrite the config.cfg and autoexec.cfg files.
But i would like to maintain my key bindings instead of the default ones.

The normal wesp plus patch doesn't do this, and allows me to take my zipped install, apply it patches over it and just play.

If you know of any alternative way (is a user.cfg that overrides settings possible?) i'd appreciate it. If you can avoid it, even better.

Offline burgermeister01

• Administratrix
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 11:14:05 PM »
Nah, looks like I forgot to update the /Bin folder from the UP for my 'release' copy of the game which gets bundled into the executable. 

Forgetting little stuff like this always makes me wish I had a leg long enough to kick myself!

Offline burgermeister01

• Administratrix
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 11:19:10 PM »
Also a question.
It appears installing the base package without any other mods than
clan quest
wesp basic
wesp plus

will overwrite the config.cfg and autoexec.cfg files.
But i would like to maintain my key bindings instead of the default ones.

The normal wesp plus patch doesn't do this, and allows me to take my zipped install, apply it patches over it and just play.

If you know of any alternative way (is a user.cfg that overrides settings possible?) i'd appreciate it. If you can avoid it, even better.

Yea, I don't usually like to touch those files either, but to make the achievement system work, I had to include it.
If you want to preserve it, just change the name of those files, then after you install the mod, change them back, and add this line to both of them:

bind "b" "achievements.displayAchs()"

Also, just FYI, UP does alter autoexec, but maybe that doesn't affect you as much.

* P-V News

* Game Files

* PV Chat

[ P-V Files | Front Page | Forum ] Click links below chat box if url not working.